Sunday, October 5, 2008

DOSAS!

Ryan and I made the trip to Washington Square Park, after several attempts that were rained out and visited the Dosa Man (https://pardonmyhindi.com/samachar/02/dosa/). He's a street vendor on the south end of the park known for fabulous South Indian crepes stuffed with all sorts of fabulous veggies and other vegan treats. Yes, the whole menu is vegan! It's also cheap. That's why New Yorkers love street vendors.


Here's the Dosa Man in action.


I had the Pondicherry Masala

Ryan got the masala dosa

More adventures in vegan-ness, I made Ryan a special breakfast of pancakes. A little gummy still after a few tweakings, but getting closer each time I try. Either way, Ryan ate a bunch of them.
Then I was inspired to do some baking. The fall feel in the air has got me in the kitchen with the baked goods. I have to say, the cookies were a major success. they're the Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies from Post Punk Kitchen and Ryan loves them, vegan or not. I'll take them to the students tonight and give them the test run in that arena. I have a good feeling this recipe is a keeper!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love sidewalk vendors, they make some of the best food ever... and especially in NY!!

Love as always,
Nana