Saturday, July 19, 2008

Pinkberry...the verdict

For those not aware of the Pinkberry phenomenon, it is bringing in New Yorkers by the droves. Everytime you walk past one there is a line. People waiting in the green and pink hued store fronts for a high priced cup of frozen yogurt with toppings. Ryan and I have been anti-Pinkberry since we saw the first one and heard about the hype, mainly because the price. $4 for a small cup of yogurt. But, tonight we found ourselves bored at home on a Saturday night needing an excuse to venture out of the building. I proposed we go to Pinkberry so that we could have a more informed opinion. The whole thing is that at Pinkberry it's actual frozen yogurt, not soft serve. And the majority of their toppings are fruit, nuts and cereals; chocolate chips are there for good measure. Too, they have three flavors: coffee, original and green tea. Not wanting to pay too much for what might be a major disappointment, which we anticipated, we ordered a small original yogurt with strawberries. We sat down at a table with the uncomfortable green plastic chairs, signature in all stores, and tried a bite. Wish I could be negative, but now I'm hooked. Overpriced, yes, but healthy and tasty...you bet. That is, it's tasty if you like a yogurty taste. It's got that bitterness you find in traditional Yoplait-type yogurt. So, poor Ryan might have to start supporting my Pinkberry addiction.



Otherwise, this has been a quiet weekend. Friday we went to a gallery show at Ryan's work and then went out for dinner at a small little pub down the street. Today I worked a bit and Ryan and I both got in good workouts. Then I made a great dinner. It's healthy and so tasty. Only thing is that I left out the olives and subsituted roasted red peppers. So easy I'll make it again and again. Too, we've got a great little green market down the street on the weekends and I picked up some fresh and delicious summer squash. Straight off the farm is the way to go. Here's the recipe: (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/cod-in-a-sack-with-fennel-and-onion-recipe/index.html).

2 comments:

MJ said...

I just passed by one of those last night! How funny that you should blog about it the very next day. HA!

steph said...

oh, pinkberry... i'm not a fan at all. but paul is. fortunately, he likes baskin-robbins more :)